Sugar Creek House


Location: Elida, Ohio

Date Visited: May 20, 2016


I would say that I'm a pretty avid biker. It's one of the few forms of exercise I don't abhor with every fiber of my being. I have several routes near my house that I like to take, and this house is located in the middle of one of those routes. It peaked my interest from the moment I laid eyes on it, but it took me over a year to get the courage to find my way inside. One day I finally decided I was going in, so I tossed my camera in my bike basket and biked down to the Sugar Creek house, as I've decided to call it, naming it after the creek it sits near. I don't want to reveal the exact address for fear of vandals finding it. When I visited, it really wasn't vandalized at all, and I would like to keep it that way.
Sugar Creek House

The yard was pretty overgrown, making it easy to hide my bike.

The main door was located on the side of the house.


An American flag, Harley Davidson, and silent alarm warning stickers. I decided not to use this door, just to be safe.
Vines were beginning to grow around the door handle.

There's a chimney under there, I believe.

This concrete platform led to the back of the house.

The back yard.

As I said, very overgrown.
Old flower pot.

The back of the house.

And my way in!

Top floor.

The property also featured a barn. There will be more on that later in the article.

The first room I saw when I peaked inside was the kitchen.

There were a lot of bottles left around.

Hallway.

Living room.

Wood paneling.

A lot of furniture and random objects were left behind.

See?

My view was nothing but foliage.

A bedroom, maybe?

White vanity and flowers, which I'm assuming are fake.


Closet. I can't recall what was in the box.

Hallway again.

Peeling paint.

Chandelier.

Heading upstairs.

One of my coolest finds at the house. I wonder who this is.

Old television and chair.

Chairs.
Lots of debris on the floor. I think that box with red on it was a case of beer.

Another door with peeling paint.


I wonder how a pine cone got in here.

The ceiling has seen better days.

Closet.

Found another picture on my way down the stairs.

Desk.

I'm 99% I had that exact same fan in my house growing up.

Another bedroom, probably.

The fireplace.

January 1998. Probably the month the house was abandoned, and also the month before I was born!

As I mentioned, there were a lot of bottles laying around.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the person who owned this house was a fan of women, Harley Davidson and booze.

The bathroom was the most deteriorated room of the whole house.

There was even a hole in the floor.

Rusty vent.

Back to the kitchen.

The sink.

More bottles.

I was too chicken to go into the basement, but I did stick my arm down the stairwell and try to take pictures.

Not the most inviting looking place.

The floral wallpaper made it a little less spooky, though.

Electrical pole.

Moving on to the barn.

As with everything else here, it was very overgrown.

Windows.

Surprisingly, these windows weren't broken.

I tried to get into this room, but there was too much debris.

An old workshop, maybe?

Inside the barn.

Big and empty, for the most part.

There were some various objects in the corner, though.

I also fell in love with this chair. I have to keep telling myself that I'm not a thief because I want it.

Some more chairs.

Pile of stuff.

The barn probably wasn't the safest place to be.

The ceiling was wanting to cave in.

This location holds a special place in my heart because it was my first solo exploration. I was scared half to death, but it was worth it.

Comments

  1. Odd how some of the house looks somewhat intact, and other parts look totally ruined.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog