Rolling Acres Mall (Fail)


Location: Akron, OH

Date Visited: May 15, 2016 


Our last stop on our Akron trip was supposed to be the Rolling Acres Mall. I'd do a history lesson, but I've decided to keep this post short. When we arrived, the only people around were some young men, using the parking lot to ride dirt bikes and motorcycles. We drove around the massive building, looking for an entry point. After about ten minutes of scoping out the place, we found a hole, but we also realized that there were cameras everywhere. We didn't even bother getting out of the car. This purpose of this post is a warning. If you want to explore the Rolling Acres Mall, I'd advise against it. You are being watched. I took a few quick photos of the exterior from my car, and we were out of there.


The cinema.

Storage facility.

So disappointing.
While the end of our trip was a disappointment, overall, I'd call it a success. We visited three great spots. Hopefully, there will be many more to come this summer.

Comments

  1. Hey #5! I actually used to work at that mall "back in the day!" It's hard to believe now, but Rolling Acres was, at one time, a really nice mall! I remember when it opened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey #5! I actually used to work at that mall "back in the day!" It's hard to believe now, but Rolling Acres was, at one time, a really nice mall! I remember when it opened!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's so cool! I forgot you lived in Akron. It's an awesome city!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog