Abandoned Warehouse


Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Date Visited: 4/1/2014

I was visiting my friend in Indiana when we decided to go longboarding downtown with another friend of hers. I decided to bring my camera, just in case I saw anything of interest. While we were out, we came across this old building. I'm not sure what it actually was, so I've just been calling it a warehouse.
Warehouse (?)

We decided to check it out, so we began walking around the perimeter of the buildings. I took pictures as I did so. Unfortunately, it took me several minutes to realized that I had forgotten my memory card. After throwing a small tantrum, I had no choice but to use my phone camera. I then had to go and retake all the pictures I thought I had, but didn't because there was no memory card for them to save to.
The back of the building.

Piles of trash... and longboards.

I wish I knew what this place was.

They kind of look like storage units, maybe.

The front portion was two-story.
We then noticed a small hole in the wall.
And some wadded up lingerie right next to it. Classy!
After a couple minutes of debate, the three of us squeezed our way in.
This is when the phone camera became a problem. Not the quality I had hoped for.
We only stayed for a minute or so because we quickly noticed some evidence (sleeping bag, canned food, etc.) that there was someone living in there. Not wanting to be there when they got home, we scurried out pretty quickly. I really only got one half-decent picture.

Anyways, once we made it out, I finished taking some pictures around the perimeter and we went back to longboarding.
I wonder what's up in there.

Everything is all boarded up.

Second story.

Couldn't quite get up there.
Overall, it was interesting little place. I'm still kicking myself for forgetting my memory card and I wish I knew what it really was. I would love to go back and explore the inside more, as long as I don't run into any squatters...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog